Along with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Corporation (JMIC), The Edge has integrated jewelry care programs for you to offer your customers at POS. The true beauty of these programs is that there is no up-front cost to you.
Programs are offered by type of merchandise: jewelry and watches. Note that The Edge offers associated plans based on the item’s category. See the section entitled Care Plan Category Options. For more about working with categories, see the section in The Edge User Guide entitled Categories
Coverage may include services such as those described in the sections that follow:
• Accent stones lost because of defective mounting*
• Pearl restringing
• Shank repair
• Prong Retipping
• Clasp & chain repair
• Earring back replacement
• One re-sizing
• Rhodium replating
• Protects against kinks or knots, dents, chips, breaks, cracks, thinning ring bands, gouges and scratches.
* Center stones are covered under Lifetime coverage.
• Movement repair
• Crystal repair/replacement
• Crown repair
• Stem replacement
• Water damage
• One strap replacement per calendar year
• One-time refurbishment for case, bracelet, or clasp
• Protects against mechanical failure and covered refurbishment of watches.
Currently, JMIC offers a 3-year plan and a lifetime plan. You will have the option to choose between the two plans at POS.
Here's how to get started:
1. Contact The Edge Customer Service team at email@example.com.
2. You’ll be licensed by one of The Edge’s care plan partners, in this case, JMIC.
3. Your Edge license will be updated to show your enrollment and the programs you wish to offer your customers. Care plans are tied to the store license, but there is a flag at the account level.
4. After you have set up your account with the care plan partner, The Edge Customer Service team will update your license and send it to you. Install your license and reboot The Edge.
NOTE: It is through the license information that JMIC will bill you for the cost of the plans.
Partner Contact Information
JMIC will provide you with access to a portal where you can view activity and make claims for repair reimbursement.